A. Information Collected
(1) Information You Actively Provide
We collect registration details and personal information, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, payment details, purchase history, or company name that you actively provide to us when you register, communicate, or transact business with our Site.
We receive and store the information that you enter on our Site or give to us in any other way. The above list provides an example of the personally identifiable information that may be collected on the Site. If you do not want us to collect your personally identifiable information, please do not provide it to us.
We will keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up-to-date with the information that you provide to us. If you request access to your Personal Information, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information as allowed by law, and provide you access to that information.
(2) Information Collected From or About the Devices that Interact with our Site
We receive and store information from and about the devices (such computers, smartphones) that interact with our device. When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address, browser and network connection in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing; with your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
From chat support users, we collect your name, email address, information about the device and browser your use, your network connection and your IP address.
B. Use of Information Collected Via the Site
(1) We use the information that you actively provide
- To deliver services, such as educational programs, information, newsletters or software you request or purchase;
- To alert you to special offers, updated information and other new services from us, or other third parties, or to forward promotional materials;
- To complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- To fulfill the terms of a promotion;
- To ensure the Site are relevant to your needs;
- To help us create and publish content most relevant to you;
- To allow you access to limited-entry areas of the Site; and
- To contact you in response to contact request or order inquiry.
(2) Store Account Sign-Up
If you elect to sign up for a Marieke Stoop | Store account you agree to allow Human In Progress, the company that powers the Site on behalf of Marieke Stoop, to collect your information. When you provide us with personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
C. Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose the information you provide, including name and contact details in the following instances:
(1) To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to buy a program on the Site, we may share your personally identifiable information in order to provide the program to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a contest, we may use your personally identifiable information in order to fulfill the terms of that promotion. This means that we may share the information for prize fulfillment purposes or mail carriers. We also may share your information with the co-sponsor of that promotion.
(2) To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Site and provide other administrative services to us (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, and other promotions). We seek to ensure that these unaffiliated third parties will not use the personally identifiable information for any other purpose than to provide the administrative services for which they are responsible. Because such unaffiliated third-party service providers that help us administer our Site will have access to users' personally identifiable information, if you do not wish for our unaffiliated third-party service providers to have access to your information, please do not register or submit any personally identifiable information to us.
(3) To complete your purchase. If you choose to make a purchase on the Site, we may collect from you your credit card number, billing address and other information related to such purchase, and we may use such collected information in order to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third parties as necessary to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
(4) To comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal process served on us, protect and defend our rights or property, including the rights and property of Human In Progress, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our end users.
(5) To third parties as part of any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
(6) To track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
(7) To protect against potential fraud, we may verify with third parties the information collected from these Site. In the course of such verification, we may receive personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
The Marieke Stoop | Store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall. Shopify does not and will never share, disclose, sell, rent, or otherwise provide Personal Information to other companies for the marketing of their own products or services. Shopify does not use the Personal Information to contact or market to your customers or directly compete with you. However, Shopify may contact or market to you if they obtain their information from another source, such as from yourself.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL) and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, Shopify follows all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards.
Shopify follows industry standards on information security management to safeguard sensitive information, such as financial information, intellectual property, employee details and any other Personal Information entrusted to us. Their information security systems apply to people, processes and information technology systems on a risk management basis.
Shopify performs annual audits to ensure our handling of your credit card information aligns with industry guidelines. They are certified as a PCI DSS Level 1 compliant service provider, which is the highest level of compliance available, and their platform is audited annually by a third-party qualified security assessor.
(1) Unsupported Browser
To ensure your security and privacy, Marieke Stoop | Store requires that you use a web browser that supports at least 128-bit encryption when accessing our shopping cart. Most browsers are able to communicate with 128-bit encryption, which offers the highest level of encryption generally available today. Encryption provides the best protection when transmitting confidential data over the Internet.
Encryption is the process of converting information into a more secure format for transmission. The plain text is converted to scrambled code while being transmitted, and then decrypted back to plain text at the receiving end of the transmission.
You should update your browser and operating system with the latest security updates to help reduce your browser's vulnerability to online security threats. To update your browser, please download and install the latest version of either Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Opera or Safari.
G. Third Party Service & Links
This statement applies solely to information collected on the Site. The Site may contain links to other web sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these other web sites.
In general, the third-party providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to allow them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, certain third-party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies in respect to the information we are required to provide to them for your purchase-related transactions. When you click on links on our store, they may direct you away from our site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so you can understand the manner in which these providers will handle your personal information.
In particular, remember that certain providers may be located in or have facilities that are located a different jurisdiction than either you or us. So if you elect to proceed with a transaction that involves the services of a third-party service provider, then your information may become subject to the laws of the jurisdiction(s) in which that service provider or its facilities are located.
H. Online tracking
The Marieke Stoop | Store uses Google Analytics to help us learn about who visits our site and what pages are being looked at.
Please read below the list of cookies that we use. We’ve listed them here so you that you can choose if you want to opt-out of cookies or not.
- _session_id, unique token, sessional, Allows Shopify to store information about your session (referrer, landing page, etc).
- _shopify_visit, no data held, Persistent for 30 minutes from the last visit, Used by our website provider’s internal stats tracker to record the number of visits
- _shopify_uniq, no data held, expires midnight (relative to the visitor) of the next day, Counts the number of visits to a store by a single customer.
- cart, unique token, persistent for 2 weeks, Stores information about the contents of your cart.
- _secure_session_id, unique token, sessional
- storefront_digest, unique token, indefinite If the shop has a password, this is used to determine if the current visitor has access.
- PREF, persistent for a very short period, Set by Google and tracks who visits the store and from where
I. International Transfer of Information
If you choose to provide us with personally identifiable information, we may transfer that information to its affiliates and subsidiaries or to other third parties, across borders, and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world.
J. Age of Consent
The features, programs, services, promotions and other aspects of this Site requiring personally identifiable information are not intended for children and young adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (18). If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (18) and believe he or she has disclosed personally identifiable information to us, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A parent or guardian of a child under the age of thirteen (18) may review and request deletion of such child's personally identifiable information as well as prohibit the use thereof.
K. Forums, Chat Rooms and Other Public Posting Area
Please note that any information you include in a message you post to any chat room, forum or other public posting area is available to anyone with Internet access. If you don't want people to know your e-mail address, for example, don't include it in any message you post publicly. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN CHAT ROOMS, FORUMS AND OTHER PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
M. Contact Information
Human In Progress
1040 AX Amsterdam
phone: +31 654325226
Chamber of Commerce Amsterdam: 37156915